Kayak Trade In and Consignment Programs
Have you ever wished you could trade in your current kayak and upgrade to something newer, faster, or more feature specific. Are you looking for a new pedal drive kayak? Well, now you have a choice! We are excited to announce two new programs that allow customers to receive value from their current kayak and apply it toward the purchase price of a new kayak.
Trade In Program: If you purchased your current kayak, NEW from Central Coast Kayaks or prokayakfishing.com, you can trade your original boat back to us and receive trade in credit to be used towards the purchase price of a new kayak. We will honor the following details for any NEW boats purchased from Central Coast Kayaks or prokayakfishing.com. Please note some restrictions apply, the details are listed below.
- Age and condition will determine the percentage of credit offered. Newer kayaks and those in like new condition may qualify for higher percentages of credit than what is listed below.
- Receive a minimum of 50% of your purchase price if the boat is less than one year old and in good to excellent condition. Receive 30% of your purchase price for boats that are one to two years old and in good to excellent condition. Boats over two years old will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Boats must be a current production model and in “sellable” condition, with normal wear and tear for its age. No repairs, major damage, or alterations will be accepted for trade in.
- Any sale prices or discounts received at the time of the original purchase will be deducted from the price of the boat when calculating the trade in value.
- Older boats, those with condition issues, and those not purchased from Central Coast Kayaks or PRO Kayak Fishing may qualify for our consignment program.
Consignment Program: For boats that do not qualify for our trade in program or for customers that just want help selling their boats we offer our in store consignment program.
- Receive 100% of the money from the consignment sale if you apply the money towards the purchase of a new boat.
- Receive 80% of the money from the consignment sale if you choose to cash out (we keep 20% of the sale price as our fee).
- All boats brought in for consideration will be assessed by Central Coast Kayaks staff and a determination will be made whether to accept or decline the boat based on model, age, and condition. If the boat is accepted, a resale value will be assigned.
- 90 days is the maximum time period we will hold a boat for consignment sale. If the boat has not sold at the end of the 90 days the owner will be required to take the boat back. If you decide to take your kayak back less than 60 days after leaving it, there will be $25 fee. Between 60-90 days no fee will be assessed.
- Before any boat is accepted for consignment, the boat owner and shop staff must agree on the consignment sale price and a consignment contract must be agreed upon and signed by both parties.